Monday, August 3, 2009

Recovering from the rain . . .


At noon on Sunday it looked more like midnight with a solid sheet of water falling from the sky.


This morning my rosemary plant looked happy. Actually it has never looked better!


Mushrooms are popping up everywhere.


The Queen Anne's Lace is so heavy with moisture, it can't even hold its head up.


Shiny and wet.


These raspberries are just out of reach. They are not quite ripe enough for me anyway.


First fall color is out there if you look hard enough.


Joe Pye Weed is coming up in a new area. I like it very much.


A view of my rain forest.


A blog reader sent me this photo. Isn't it wonderful? Vertical gardening at its best. Thanks Judy!

Webster got me up early this morning. I am having FIOS installed today. Have no idea what my internet will be like so if you don't see me tomorrow, you will know there is a problem. Hopefully it will be "blazing fast" just as advertised. Will let you know.

Thanks for stopping by the cottage. Happy Monday. Hope it is a good beginning of the week for you and yours. ♥Rosemary



Content in a Cottage

4 comments:

Gal Friday said...

I haven't visited your "cottage" in so long and am catching up now! Your rain forest shot looks exactly like your title! I went for a walk in the woods yesterday and even thought it *smelled* like a rain forest(closest I have gotten was a rain forest environment at a zoo and greenhouse).
As usual, your photos are stunning--and the plants seem to glow against the wet backdrop.

Tracy Watier said...

1) Great photos of your after-rain garden.
2) That courtyard vertical garden is pretty hysterical. I'd love to be there at watering time!
3) Good luck with you fios installation--even though I have no idea what that is :)

Deanna said...

Your rain forest looks so inviting. Send it our way in MN where it's so dry but watering the gardens at least. Fall color is there already, I noticed it on my ground geraniums in one garden, scary. I wonder how in the heck do they keep that vertical garden watered in all those little pots...lots of work I bet. Lovely Rosemary and hi to Webster!

brooke said...

Beautiful!