Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sunday morning favors + photography . . .

My friend Jill asked me to feed and walk her dogs this morning. These dogs won't walk. All they wanted to do was sit on the bench with my mom. Webster refused to sit with them. He wanted to run and explore and found this play date to be a little on the boring side.


Winston, Annabelle, and Chloe with my beautiful mother. Believe it or not she is 88 years old and perfect except for her diminished vision from macular degeneration. She is legally blind but she does very well. She's my best friend.


Winston


Oak Leaf Hydrangea


Far end of the pool.


A pink rose.


Aloe plant.



Content in a Cottage

8 comments:

Sue said...

You've certainly been blessed-and so has your mom!

Marcy said...

You are good to dog-sit. And with such a beautiful day maybe they were just content to be sitting outside!

How lucky you are to have your Mom as your best friend. It must be a wonderful relationship. Apparently they enjoy her friendship too!

Deanna said...

Oh Rosemary, your Mom reminds me of mine, she is so beautifully aged and graceful. My Mom never left the house without her lipstick on, ha, and I still have her last one in a purse I gave her packed away. I love Mom's, and miss mine. I lost Rosie right about to the date 5 years ago, so cherish every moment. She looks so sweet and wonderful. I love your floral pics, and as for the pups, I love Winston! Have a great week!

Cynthia L. H. said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! (The post, the photos, and your mother!!!)
;^)

Millie said...

Such a lovely pic Rosemary! Your Mum is so relaxed with the dogs draped all over her - a truly beautiful picture. I can just imagine Webster the Wonder Dog's tacit disapproval of this trio of non-walkers though.
Millie ^_^

Chiara said...

Hi Rosemary,

your post is so sweet, just like yuo are. It's so great to enjoy simple things in life: a walk with the dogs, sitting on a bench, enjoy the sun, look at the flowers....A very big hug for you and your beautiful Mom. Have a great day,
Chiara xxx

Tracy Watier said...

Just think, Rosemary... if those dogs HAD walked, you might never have gotten that beautiful photo of your mom and her friends... who obviously enjoy her company too.

GrannySmithGreen said...

This photographs of your mother is stunning! I am sure this is one that you treasure. Everything is perfect--the dogs, the bench and of course your dear mother! Just stunning.

(and as a side note: went to the library and found the monogram book--great! Thanks!)