Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My kind of taxidermy . . .

These cruelty free animal heads are made completely from recycled cardboard, newspaper, boxes and magazines. They are real trash to treasure creations, aren't they? I love that the artist did not paint over all of the newsprint and in some cases she used shredded paper for the "fur". I have never seen paper mache look so realistic. These animal heads look almost like carved wood.














Created by Stealthy Rabbit



Content in a Cottage

5 comments:

Gal Friday said...

They are fantastic! I had a look at the artist's (Stealthy Rabbit--did she use the on line name generator machine, or what?)blog/site and it was interesting to see the progression of animals and her work space.

Mary said...

love the deer - very fun

Anonymous said...

i love these rosemary! cute clever and no animals were harmed in their making - you find such great stuff!

Tracy Watier said...

Really interesting and actually kind of beautiful -- especially the owl and dark-eyed rabbit. Thanks Rosemary. I'll check out the artist's site when I have another extra minute...

Emily Warren said...

Hello Rosemary- Thank you for featuring my work on your blog! Glad you all enjoyed it, i am making a goat at the moment

Emily (stealthy rabbit)