Thursday, September 18, 2008

Collector's Kitchen with Transferware Backsplash . . .

I've been tying up loose ends all day and need to hop on the tractor and finish up the mowing I started yesterday. It is nice and cool...a good day to work outside.

I though I would share this clipping from an old Renovation Style magazine with you. The antique blue and white Staffordshire plates have been permanently grouted in place on the backsplash behind a commercial range. I think they look stunning against the solid white tiles laid in a herringbone pattern. The moulded tile picture frame sets them off quite nicely. The remaining white tiles are laid subway style.

This collector looked everywhere for decorative tiles to set off the plain white ones and finally gave up. Her husband suggested using some of the plates she had collected over the years. The end result is highly personal and beautiful.


No comments: