Saturday, July 5, 2008

YIKES! Big moth on the loose! (Photo Manipulation)

This is one of my favorite pictures of my mother taken about 20 years ago way before digital. She is almost 88 years old and still just as beautiful. She has actually outlived the huge old tree. It was on Main Street in Mendham near a white church with a red door near the pizza place and it has been cut down because it was destroying the sidewalk. What a shame! I scanned the snapshot and when to town with Photoshop Elements ~ my favorite processing program. I am still learning how to use it. I started out with 4.0 and am now using 6.0. I collect and sell antique prints. If I sell something amazing, I usually keep a high resolution copy. The moth you see on the tree was one of many on a single sheet of an 18th century entomology engraving. I picked the one that was easiest to outline and deleted the background. Then I moved it to the tree and added a drop shadow. I added a drop shadow to the entire composition to make it float in mid-air. I love the end result and hope you do too.



Content in a Cottage

No comments: