Friday, October 27, 2023

Full Size Tin Cat Silhouette in My Window


I promised Tasha T I would post my other tin cat silouette with marble eyes. She looks out of my office pantry front-facing window. She's ready to pounce but no bird is in danger. She's especially nice this time of year with the beautiful fall leaves in the background. My red begonias are still going strong. We had our first killing frost on Tuesday and my neighbior's mums are already dead. Begonias don't care though. I wonder how much longer they will last? Yesterday it was in the high 70°s and I had my house painters come over do do an intense final mowing. I had done the front and back to the barn/garage's back edge. They did the rest all the way to the way back and everything looks lovely.


There is a lot more of the "way back" behind me in this photo but you get the idea of all the mowing and weed whacking that went on yesterday. I am thrilled. I am getting stuff done without waiting until the last minute this year and it feels so good.

Posting Friday 10/27/23 10:34 am

xo

8 comments:

Gail, northern California said...

Loving your black cat silhouettes.
Your property is so pretty.

Content in a Cottage said...

Gail, northern California -- Gail, Thank you. I have to pinch myself at times like these when everything's in order. My cat silhouettes were designed to keep pests out of the garden. Hope you have a great weekend. xo, Rosemary

Gail, northern California said...

The black cat silhouettes....so much better in your windows for Halloween!
It's a LOT of property to take care of and you do it admirably. I'm in awe.

Pam said...

That is a perfect spot for you black cat--and she's too cute to bring anyone bad luck. Rosemary, I'm very happy for you. Getting all your fall tasks done before winter sets in is a huge accomplishment. We're supposed to drop to freezing temps on Sunday. I'm going to pull some zinnias and empty some pots tomorrow. I just hate to lose those beautiful blooms, though.

Tasha T said...

Thank you for posting a photo of your other black cat, Rosemary. He's a real beauty and looks so well in your window. You have a beautiful garden too, and I can see why you need someone to help you with the tidying at this time of year. I hope your begonias last a while longer. We've had a couple of air frosts so far this autumn which only slightly covered car roofs with a glistening layer. We put the clocks back an hour tonight which means an extra hour in bed tomorrow morning but dusk falling an hour early in the evening.

Content in a Cottage said...

Tasha T -- We don't put our clocks back until midnight November 5th. I like the idea of an extra hour in bed but not the darkness coming an hour earlier in the evening though. I was able to do all of my property when I had a riding mower but now I have resorted to some help. I always like the final mowing of the season so I can start "nesting" in the house for winter. I'm glad you like the big cat overlooking what's left of summer flowers. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- The zinnias here are gone. Hope you enjoy your last cuttings before the frost gets yours. I still have to put my hoses away and turn off the outside faucets from inside the house and a few other light chores before I am finished with fall chores. We expect another freeze on Friday so I will try to finish everything this weekend. My black cats don't bring bad luck and everybody likes them. Have a nice weekend. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Gail, northern California -- Gail, I do have a lot to take care of and it was nice to get it all done at once so the leaves can blow away on windy days. Thanks for the compliment. xo, Rosemary