Sunday, January 2, 2011

Organic Vegetable Soup

My lunch today. I made this vegetable soup last night and it was so good. I think it was good for me too and it's delicious the second time around.

I get these big bags of organic mixed vegetables from Costco. Believe me when I say they are delicious; not at all like the horrid and dreaded blocks of frozen mixed vegetables from my youth. Watts Brothers Farms has grown the best organic carrots, green beans, peas and super sweet cut corn. They are perfect in soup. Last night I added a chopped onion cooked in a little butter and a peeled chopped sweet potato. The broth was organic free range chicken stock. I also added chopped romaine and some leftover spagetti noodles. Sometimes I add a can of diced tomatoes.

I sloshed it around the rim too much for a good photo in the process of carrying the bowl up to the attic to eat my soup in front of the computer. I wonder how long it will take to rid my body of all the sugar I've ingested since Thanksgiving?


Content in a Cottage
Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

4 comments:

Linda said...

My, this does look good. I made a sort of veggie soup yesterday which was not as I had hoped it would be. I shall try your recipe very soon.
Linda

Cynthia L. H. said...

Mmmmm...that looks SO good!
;^)
I love soup...
Today is my day of getting back to reality in eating health...it's been sugar sugar sugar for far too long!
;^)
Thank you for the inspiration!

tammy j said...

oh good grief charlie brown!!!
i could eat some of your soup right now. i love soup. i hope our local stores (not a costco in sight) carries the watts organic vegetables. it sounds wonderful.
it is beautifully healthy and yummy! i can enjoy soup all week actually. never tire of it.

Content in a Cottage said...

tqmmy....I hope you find this brand. they are so good for soup.
xo, Rosemary