Sunday, January 2, 2011

Foggy Morning

I woke up to a pea-soup fog this morning at the cottage. I guess the air is warmer than the snow. All of the white stuff has magically disappeared from my balcony without shoveling it even once. You live and learn. I used to break my back getting rid of it but in the last two years I've learned to just concentrate on the front walk and drive and the lower patio and deck.

I think the fog is thicker now than when I first got out of bed. Enjoy the first Sunday of 2011. I really wanted to put away all of my Christmas decorations yesterday but did not finish. Today I shall!

See you later. *


Content in a Cottage
Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.




4 comments:

Gal Friday said...

Same here--a foggy morning(because of the warm temps and the still remaining snow on the ground), and all snow miraculously having disappeared from our wooden back deck. How nice! ;-)

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Beautiful photo Rosemary! What's this about putting away the Christmas decorations??? lol, I usually leave mine up for Epiphany but I was thinking "hey why not just leave them up all year"? Just joking but seriously I do love those little white lights and I want to find a permanent way to incorporate them into my living space, hmmmm...
Have a fun day!
Tina xop

The Queen Vee said...

Overcast, rainy and in the 50's here in old Virginny. I'm entering detox after a month of sugar/fat overload and like you I'm de-trimming the Christmas decor which now looks so out of place and a bit bedraggled.

Delighted to read that mother nature took care of that balcony shoveling for you Rosemary. With all the fog it seems to me like it would be a good day to curl up with a book after the Christmas decor has been put away.

PS You've posted so many wonderful pictures and thoughts the past few days Rosemary. I haven't had time to comment but just so you know, this morning I've enjoyed each and everyone.

Sherri said...

I actually love fog in the country and I really enjoyed your picture. I have to say, living in a cottage sounds like a dream for this city girl(although born & breed country;)Wishing u happiness in the new year! Visiting from FTLOB
Sherri