Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Chestnuts

My chestnuts are falling but most are still covered with their extremely prickly shells. I've been waiting until after the rain to rake them off my driveway. Poor Webster must have stepped on one and yesterday he was limping. He seems fine today after a "puppy feet" treatment before bed last night. I rubbed his paws with A&D ointment and they got so nice and soft. We won't go near those dangerous things today. I'll probably rake them up when I get home from my weekly office meeting. See you later.
Image from Pixdaus.


Content in a Cottage
Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

2 comments:

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Ahhh poor sweet Webster and his little paws! Those things can be deadly to soft paws...
Tina xo

Gail, in northern California said...

I KNEW there was a reason I took an immediate liking to you, Rosemary. You are my kind of friend. Someone who would rub healing ointment on the tender pads of their dog's paws, is my kind of human.