Monday, November 2, 2009

Life's Little Instruction Book, page 141 + some architecture and more . . .





I went to a wedding years ago at the bride's home and her swing in an old apple tree was decorated like this. Isn't it beautiful? Hi Jill!

Wouldn't you like to sleep in this cozy nook? I wouldn't relish changing the linens though in such a tight space.

The paint color for the door matches the pair of urns exactly. That couldn't have been easy. I wonder if these people had to lug one of them to the paint store?

Isn't this early American room spectacular? All it needs is a better reading lamp.

I woke up at my regular time this morning. Am I used to "regular time" already? Probably not. I slept really well last night. I'm feeling so good about all of the decluttering and organizing around the cottage. My closet is finished and it looks wonderful. I might go through it again and see what else I can eliminate. I want to go to the Clothing Bank again today because they give out the clothes on Tuesdays.
I hope you have a really great week. Thanks for visiting the cottage.♥Rosemary



Content in a Cottage

5 comments:

Marcy {pine creek cottage} said...

I love how practical you are! I agree that the bed looks terrific in its nook, but I would be worried about bumping my head getting in and out. And you would definitely want a very good reading lamp with all of those books close by. I often think those kinds of things when I see a beautiful picture, but then see a couch that looks cold and hard or a table that doesn't have a good surface to put a glass on.

Decluttering feels great, doesn't it?! I'm in the midst of that myself.

Happy Monday!

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Hello Rosemary...I have no idea how I found you but I LOVE THIS COTTAGE BLOG!!! I have spent the last 15 min or so just enjoying your sweet blog...I live in the cottage style myself and adore it! I've decided to follow you so I can keep an eye on what your up to...Have a wonderful week and stop over anytime...would love to have you, xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Sue said...

What is it about fall that turns on that "nesting" instinct? I've been cleaning out drawers and organizing everything right down to photos...I love it. A pot of coffee and the day just flies!

Millie said...

The little sleeping nook is just lovely Rosemary. I'm so glad to see #469. I still stand if a client comes into a room I'm in. Left over from my old nursing training days, when as students we jumped up from our chairs if a senior Nurse or a Dr. entered the room. Very quaint & British I know, but I actually think it's still a mighty good thing to do today.
Millie ^_^

brooke said...

Beautiful photos! And about that bed... nighty night zzzzzzzzzzz