Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My tree is finally up | Merry Christmas . . .

I picked up a really pathetic looking artificial tree at a garage sale last week for $5.00. Now that all the branches have been re-bent and the ornaments are in place I find it to be quite pleasing. I have always had a real evergreen; remember my post about the 600 trees I planted? I just can't bring myself to buy anything but a Charlie Brown tree and the lot nearby that sold them for a reasonable price closed down last year. Now I am set forever.

I decided not to use any lights, just shiny Christmas balls. They reflect the glow from the lamps in the room very nicely. I have other ornaments that I didn't use. The tree looks very old fashioned so I am declaring it finished. Less is more, right?



Content in a Cottage
Click on orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

8 comments:

Joanne said...

Absolutely charming tree. I like the idea of no lights and the ornaments reflecting lamplight. It must be warm looking. Also like that Burberry tree skirt going on there!! Merry Christmas to you, have a wonderful, peaceful holiday.

Millie said...

Just lovely Rosemary & yes, less is definitely more! The warm glow of your lamp & the patina of the table are all that's needed to convey beauty & meaning.

Visiting your fabulous blog this year has been one life's best treats. Your love of life & the precious objects that you work with comes through in all your posts. And the fact that you live in one of my favourite places in the whole wide world is the icing on the cake!

Thank you my friend, have a wonderful Christmas & restful holiday Season.
Millie ^_^

Sabina said...

I found time to sneak by one more time. I just love your style Rosemary, the "Charlie Brown" tree - Burberry scarf - those cute little colored balls...perfection!!

Have a wonderful Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute. I love the painting of the man on the wall.

Laura said...

I like your little tree. I didn't put up one this year, I prefer real trees but since it is just me and I am so far from being in the holiday spirit, I decided not to get one.
Happy Holidays,
~*~

Admin said...

Love the artwork. This give me a great Hallway idea.

Gal Friday said...

Your tree is absolutely perfect, I think. It suits the setting and it is "you".

Anonymous said...

Rosemary, your taste is perfect. Love the angel topper. With the Americana paintings, the wonderful and interesting two drawer table, it all fits perfectly.
Thank you for your wonderful information and inspiration.
Janie