Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Another Fable: The Hen and the Apple Tree



Indeed, It is always difficult to pose as something that one is not!

**************

I went to an Open House today for Realtors Only not far from my house and I was entranced by all the fabulous antique furnishings in a modern mid-century house on a large lovely property. I loved EVERYTHING. 

I can't remember when I have seen any antique chalkware animals and was thrilled to see a cabinet full of them today. It's spring and there are open houses to attend on Tuesdays and Thursdays and public ones on the weekends. Happy times for me as you can well imagine.

Goodbye April and Hello May. Enjoy getting your gardens ready. xo

2 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

UPDATE: New post up and running. FINALLY! xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

Hi Rosemary! I'm running behind several days behind, but I wanted to comment on the story of The Hen and the Apple Tree. I think fables that remind us of the fact that things (people, situations, etc.) are not always as they appear, are wonderful teaching tools for people of all ages. I can chuckle as I see those furry toes and ears, but my goodness, our world has many pretenders, and we need to be ready and on guard.

Have a great weekend--I'll bet you're going to some estate sales.