Saturday, December 23, 2023

My Christmas Wish for You


I am on the homestretch right now. I did my housework yesterday and now I have to finish wrapping a few gifts. 

I received this delightful pop up card from a dear friend. Don't you love it?

Here is the view looking down on it. Click either photo to enlarge.

I have managed to stay ahead of things better this year except for decorating my house. I still have time to do a little but it will be very minimalistic. Just a few cranberry beads and my stocking. I do have a lovely wreath on my front door and around my mailbox though. I always do those two things right away. I had lunch with two friends this week and one complained about not wanting anything and always getting things she couldn't return. She won't be disappointed because she won't be able to return what I'm giving her either😂 I never shop retail; only at thrift and charity shops that support worthy causes. It's a win, win for me and the recipients can always regift or donate. 

I'm sorry I haven't been around much this month. In fact, this might be my only post for December 2023. My eyes are doing great and that was my present to myself for the rest of my life. I wish I had done it sooner. Cateracts sneak up on you and all of a sudden you cannot stand them one minute longer. Since they are an elective surgery the doctors don't rush you. 

Have a wonderful Christmas if you celebrate. I will see you again before the New Year. xo

15 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

UPDATE: New post up and running. xo, Rosemary

Brenda said...

Rosemary, Merry Christmas to you! I've just moved and am knee deep in boxes and a jumble of trying to organize my life. Not a decoration in sight... perhaps next year. All the best to you in the New Year. Glad to hear your cataract surgery went well. Your forever gift!

I enjoy your posts (and your shopping style). I love vintage and thrift finds - they have a story to tell.

Brenda

Content in a Cottage said...

Brenda -- Good luck in your new abode. Christmas is in your heart whether you decorate or not. Thanks for stopping by to comment. Have a great Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year. xo, Rosemary

Tara Dillard said...

Merry Christmas Rosemary.

Godspeed your healing eyes !

Content in a Cottage said...

Tara Dillard -- Tara, Merry Christmas to you too. My eyes have healed beautifully according to my one-month checkup. xo, Rosemary

Tasha T said...

Merry Christmas, Rosemary, and a Happy Healthy New Year. Thank you for all the wonderful posts this year and I look forward to many more.

Pam said...

I love the pop-up truck! So much detail! It's really hard to believe Christmas is tomorrow. Last time I wrote a comment on your post, my husband was in the hospital. I am very thankful to tell you that he went through intense rehab and is home now, and doing so much better. A true Christmas gift to our family.

You've been busy, Rosemary, and I think that is a blessing. As long as we are able to get up, take care of ourselves and our homes, spend time with friends and family, all is well. I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas!!

PK Jennett said...

Merry Christmas, Rosemary. I have very much missed your posts this year. I understand you've been busy with a number of things because that is life. I hope the new year is a blessed one for you.

Linda A. said...

A very Merry Christmas to you with peace
and comfort🥰. A blessing your eyes are doing well!
Did miss your wonderful posts❣️

annette said...

A very belated Christmas greeting to you,Rosemary.Thank you for the lovely posts all year long.xo

Content in a Cottage said...

Tasha T -- Thank you for being such a loyal follower and for your many comments. I had a great Christmas and hope you did too. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- I am so happy to hear your husband is out of the hospital and was home in time for Christmas. I know he had a rough rehab but he made it due to his determination and hard work. You and your family have much to be thankful for. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

PK Jennett -- Thank you. Yes, I have been busy and haven't posted very much in December. I shall try harder in the New Year. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Linda A -- Thank you for your well wishes about my new eyes after my cataract surgery. That was my gift to myself for the rest of my life! Wishing you the best in the New Year with health and happiness. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

annette -- Thank you. My replies are belated too. Wishing you a great New Year. xo, Rosemary