Wednesday, July 9, 2014

200 Year Old Stylishly Restored Rectory in England

The 200-year-old house, built from Cotswold limestone, sits in a valley in Gloucestershire on a site that has been occupied since the 15th century. The garden has been re-planted by the current owners, who tackle a new project each year, adding two ponds and developing a rose garden, orchard and vegetable garden. The formal garden in front of the house looks out over a wooded valley, part of its seven-acre estate; the small summerhouse behind it was originally built for a footman. View the interior photos here. I wish I could see the footman's cottage too.
photo Simon Brown via The Telegraph

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite houses on my Pinterest boards. I am glad they kept the cider press and the dresser. I just wish it hadn't been so modernized in other ways. Those slick walls just feel wrong.

Karen said...

Oh my, this is beautiful. I would love to live someplace this peaceful.
Funny, your cottage strikes me, through the images you've shared, to be set in a peaceful location as well.
Karen