Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wood Chips as Mulch

I am more than half way finished with spreading the wood chips in the beds at the front and side of the entrance to my cottage. I have weeded this area so much that the soil level has gone down at least 4 or 5 inches. I got a free load of wood chips after hurricane Irene and they are perfect for spreading because they have aged to a nice brown color. My goal is to have neat beds with boxwood and whatever hardy perennials come back on their own. So far, so good. I see some Ladies Mantle. I hope the rest of it comes up even though it's buried below the chips. It's survival of the fittest around here. My plants are in the Army now.

3 comments:

Donna said...

It looks so nice and neat! I haven't gotten around to putting down mulch yet, but it makes a big difference when it's finished.

Mama Pea said...

What a neat look you've created. Looks as though you might have gotten at least a little rain?

Linda said...

That is great...Mulch is great...
I did some at my cottage, when we had some trees trimmed...they shredded things up, and I got to work!
Looks like you worked very hard on that Rosemary...
Bravo!!!

Cheers!
Linda :o)