Thursday, December 6, 2012

Recent Snow Seen from Front Door

You can see the droplets of melted snow on the lens of my iPhone when I stuck it out the front door to get a photo of the snow without the distraction of a screen. Do you take the screens out of the window for the winter or do you leave them in place the way I do? I figure they will last longer and not get accidentally damaged while being stored. Plus I like the idea of being able to open a window on nice days to get some fresh air. This snow melted rather quickly and we have been having some really nice "vest" weather. [my photo]
Thank you for your words of comfort during this difficult time for my mother and me. xo


Anonymous said...

How very lovely. No snow as yet for us in northern VA. But, frankly, it is a blessing to have a drop back to seasonal temps after Tuesday's near 70!!! Just not right.

The Queen Vee said...

Linda says our 70 degree temp just didn't seem right for December but I know one husband who loved playing golf and a bunch grand kiddos who played outside on the that day...I think they thought it was great. I even mowed the grass, hopefully for the last time this year.

I have two huge 4 1/2 foot ferns on my front porch which haven't yet succumbed to the weather. I'm wondering if they might last till's very strange.

I leave my screens on all year long. I think they help to protect the windows and like you, on the good days I like to air out the house.

laney said...

...praying for your sweet mom...and her sweet daughter...hope i can get this to you...that "proving i am not a robot" just does not like me...blessings laney

Anonymous said...

I take the screens out so the sun shines through better. We tend to have lots of grey winter days. I do leave the upstairs bathroom in so if we have that rare warm day I like to open it so it freshens the air upstairs.
I'm sure this is a very stressful time for you. Peace to you and your mother.