Monday, April 30, 2012

Webster Helps with The Yardwork

 

Webster thinks as long as he's outside with me, he's helping. It does make a beautiful lawn ornament, doesn't he? I got out the electric weed whacker that I never mastered yesterday and I finally learned how to use it. My front lawn was way out of control with uneven tufts of tall grass all over the place. Now I'm almost ready for my first mowing. Little trees have started sprouting everywhere too. The only way to have a lawn or a meadow is to keep mowing over them. My poor arms had the shakes after I finished. Now I have to do the back. I'm somewhat encouraged about having to take care of the great outdoors for another season. How about you?

9 comments:

Gail, in northern California said...

Ahhhhh....Soaking up them rays.

You're still in very good shape so I say, "Go for it!" But be careful. A friend just sent me some pictures of her husband's bloody face. This was how she worded it, "He was stepping up onto an access hatch to roll up a hose, tripped and went face down on the shingled surface of the hatch." He is now forbidden to do anything outside while she's away volunteering at the Senior Center. ;-)

Bonnie said...

Spring always brings encouragement for tomorrow. Bonnie

LANA said...

I love outdoor yard work, and I miss it so much in the winter. Webster looks so regal as a lawn ornament, he reminds me of the lions outside the NYC Library.

humbird said...

What a beautiful environment you live in. Lovely lawn leading out to the wonderful wild.

And dear old Webster...look at that face :) I think his presence is giving you moral support as you work in the garden. What a sweetie.

billie said...

Others may think Webster is just resting on the grass. I think he's supervising.

Yes, it is good to start gardening again.

Enjoy your day.

Karen said...

Rosemary,
I'm always so thrilled to work in the garden but especially in the spring. Webster is an excellent helper.
Karen

Anonymous said...

i hope,that webster got some extra treats for hid hard work
have a wonderfull 1 of may
greetings
anni,the foxbrothermomma
ps i LOVE your blog

Tara Dillard said...

That well-known person who washed other's feet?

Feel that metaphor everytime I'm priviledged to tend my garden.

What my garden gives is beyond measure.

Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

The Queen Vee said...

I spent a lot of my day yesterday out in the yard too. Mowing the grass is like vacuuming to me, I like all the tidying up. Yesterday I got so frustrated w/my neighbor (who never mows his grass) that I mowed his front lawn along w/mine. I'm not sure he even noticed but I did when I drove home from the gym this morning.

That Webster is some super helper. I think he's keep an eye on your to make sure you do a good job!