Saturday, February 4, 2012

Visited My Farm Friends Today

I had a real estate showing this morning and on my way home I stopped to visit and photograph these animals.


George the donkey and Penny the horse. She gets her name after the copper coin.


George was the first to come closer. His namesake is George Washington.


The two goats in the background never moved an inch. The white goat is Rufus and the black one's name is David. His human often takes him for a walk leading him with a leafy branch. I think I'll invite both of these goats over this summer to eat some of my weeds. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, they're SO cute. What great neighbors!

Kathy

Karen said...

How fun to live near a farm with such sweet animals and owners. Have a wonderful weekend.
Karen

Anonymous said...

OH how funny! We have this pernicious weed vine that needs to eradicated......

Goats!

One of the posts I have in abeyance!!!

goats are the very best way to eradicate invasive vines and plants......and are they ever friendly and cute!

Geri Meftah Art said...

Are they your neighbours? I am a little bit jealous ;-)
Greetings from Geri

Juniper said...

This post warmed my heart... I love a glimpse of other peope's beloved barn animals... <3 Thank you for sharing!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I love the donkey - whenever we are out and about we stop for all donkies - and my camera gets very busy. They are such wonderful creatures'