Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Late Afternoon at My Cottage

I'm very happy to report that my TV isn't broken after all. It simply refused to power up after my electricity was restored. I unplugged it overnight and plugged it back in this morning. Around noontime I heard noise from the bedroom and it had magically come back on. Maybe it needed to warm up, reboot, or whatever television sets do after being down for long periods of time. Webster and I just got back from a little walk and the setting sun was shining nicely on the trees behind one of my cast iron roosters.

6 comments:

juniper said...

what a gorgeous and emotive photo... I can feel the seasons changing... :) also... so happy for you that the tv sorted itself it. I love it when that happens... :)

Gail, in northern California said...

I don't understand ANYTHING electronic anymore. I'm lucky to turn the television on and off.

On my way to an emergency dental appt. with an oral surgeon in a nearby town. No sooner was I on the highway when the engine light came on. I got to an
Auto Parts Store where I know the owner and explained what had happened. Called my husband and he got me to my dental appt. On our way home, we picked up my car so he could follow me home. Guess what. The engine light went OFF halfway home. ?????

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Sounds like things are back to normal for you and Webster! Beautiful picture, Rosemary.
Rainy and 20 degrees colder here tomorrow. Garage doors are going up tomorrow, yay!

Millie said...

I'm going to try the exact technique when MOTH refuses to work around here Rosemary!
Millie xx

J.W. said...

Is this that wonderful chickend from the back of your house?

The Queen Vee said...

So happy to read you don't have to purchase a new TV. My youngest son's solution to tech problems is always to start with unplugging, it worked for us too on a problem we had last week.