Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Thomas Nast House in Morristown NJ

I had a dentist appointment today in Morristown and stopped to photograph the historic Thomas Nast House on a lovely fall day. I love always having a camera in my pocket. I have to admit that when my iPhone rings it always scares me. I finally have a phone I can hear and I love talking on speaker. It rang when I was in a thrift store around the corner and you will be pleased to know I try to keep the conversation short when I'm in a public place. I don't want to become one of "those" people. 

Thomas Nast is probably most famous for his Santa Claus illustration in the late 19th century. This page from an old Harpers Weekly was in my collection long ago.

Watch this interesting video filmed at Macculloch Hall Museum across the street from the Nast House.

No comments: