Thursday, July 14, 2011

House Cleaning Gone Wild

I'm still at it. I wish I had this woman to help me but I've moved mountains today in the house-cleaning department and I'm feeling good about it. My mother always cleaned like this back when she could see. Even now, when I go down to help her I find she's still a much better housekeeper than I am even with her diminished vision. She always did it as recreation and I always thought of it as work. Today it was fun. Am I becoming my mother? That would be a very good thing.

 image

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I think we all become our mothers in some way. I just have to look at my hands. They are now my mother's hands. Isn't that an odd observation?

kjm said...

Love those new/old homes! What I wouldn't give...

Sue said...

I'm so busy out in the garden this time of year, I confess the housework gets a bit behind. But I LOVE doing it in the winter.I find it relaxing.