Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sewed All Day

I've been sewing off and on for the past two days and have used almost every sewing notion I own. Can you even remember the last time you used a sleeve board? I just finished altering some things to wear to an upcoming special event. Is there anything harder or more frustrating? I think not. It's so much easier to sew something from scratch than to take a finished garment apart and make it fit properly. I know, I know -- I could have taken the items to a tailor or dressmaker or even the cleaners and they would have done it for me. But I wanted to do it myself and I did. So happy.

Content in a Cottage

3 comments:

Tina said...

Congrats on conquering the "alterations" challenge!
I agree, easier to start from scratch but didn't you feel great about the conquest?!
My dress form is suppose to arrive on Friday...I have my own alterations challenge coming soon!

Suzanne said...

And don't you feel a sense of accomplishment? Good for you!! I like to put on a good old movie, a fire in the fireplace and sew. My sewing room is in the basement but I always wind up bringing everything up by the fire...it's so much nicer and relaxing! Did you get any snow in New Jersey last night? We got a dusting but it stuck to the trees so everything is all "sugar coated". Ahhh! I want spring! Enjoy your day today.

Vickie H. said...

Good for you! Mastering your own alteration challenge. I think sewing is becoming a lost art. My mother taught me to sew when I was 9 years old and I have always loved it. It is truly one of the most relaxing things I have ever done. Soon I will celebrate 50 years of enjoying a gift my mother gave me, whose value I can never fully assess. Thank you for sharing.
Have a wonderful weekend.