Thursday, March 24, 2011

Library at Château de Groussay in France


{Click photo to enlarge}
The private library or bibliothéque of the Château de Groussay located in Montfort-l'Amaury, France. The Château was built in 1815 by the duchesse de Charest, a daughter of Louise Elisabeth de Croÿ-Havré, marquise de Tourzel, the governess of the royal enfants de France of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette.

The desk is especially wonderful, isn't it? I'd love to have a similar one with a much deeper horizontal working surface so I could pile up more books.

Content in a Cottage

3 comments:

Tina said...

Mmmmmm...I can smell the polish on all of that wood and from the old papers...I would love to have the job of polisher here! Of course, I'd never be done, so they would have to find me a cot....

Jeff Wignall said...

This is the coolest blog, I'm so glad I came across it...keep it going! jeff

Bonnie said...

I can only dream! I love that you have a pheasant. What a gorgeous bird. And the mouse with the petunia hat is priceless. I am a little behind with reading my blog list; I'm playing catch up. Bonnie