Friday, March 11, 2011

Knit The Royal Wedding


If you’re needled about not being invited to the royal wedding, don’t despair – for now you can knit yourself there. The designs are in a £9.99 book by Fiona Goble and the wool to create the 10-character set will cost around £80.

These include the bride and groom, the Queen and Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams. And, of course, the corgis. Other ‘characters’ include Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Camilla Parker Bowles and Prince Harry. Each will take around five hours to make – if you know what you’re doing. The dogs are said to be the most difficult because of their short stubby legs.

More pictures, a wonderful article and instructions for ordering the book here. You'd better hurry because you don't have a lot of time to 'Knit Your Own Royal Wedding' and I hope you'll let me know if you do.

Content in a Cottage

4 comments:

Angie said...

Rosemary, dear, how DID you know I aspire to learn knitting? (like I have disposable time!) This is a darling idea...and I am on an "all things British" kick these days..well, I have always been this way..it's in my genes! If you "stumble upon" any interesting posts about tea...post away!!! I found one today and blogged a bit about tea in the Georgian times...and learned about Tipping, too. See, I am learning AND wasting time! Cannot wait to see Spring at your cottage :)

The Queen Vee said...

Ha ha ha, I challenged a good friend yesterday to consider whipping this little project, haven't heard back from her yet. I thought it would make a fun centerpiece ;-) for our Royal Wedding Breakfast Tea on the 29th of April. You've got to love Royal Wedding mania.

Millie said...

Love it, but it isn't quite accurate as Prince Charles is smiling!
Millie x

Cynthia L. H. said...

OK, that is hilarious!
;^)
;^)
;^)