Monday, November 1, 2010

It's Chilly This Morning

The weather person was right. When I got up this morning a little after 7:00 the thermometer mounted on the side of my house read 34 degrees. I didn't see any frost on the ground though and my geraniums are still fine. I really must bring them indoors this week.

Yesterday I drained all of my garden hoses, put them away and turned off the water to the outside faucets to prevent freezing. My gutters still have to be cleaned as soon as all the leaves fall off a couple of trees near the house. I'm almost ready to start nesting for the winter . . . but not quite. I have to have my car winterized too. Then bring it on.

Have a great week. I can't believe it's November already!

Content in a Cottage
Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

1 comment:

Linda said...

It also was 34 degrees at 7 a.m. here in Northern VA as I ventured out with the pup. Yesterday, I moved the geraniums up onto the porch so the goblins wouldn't trip over them. No frost bite, much to my relief.
Bundle up,
Linda