Sunday, April 11, 2010

Flowers Growing In The Grass



My grass could use a good cutting but I can't make myself mow over the grape hyanciths and wild white violets. Could you? I just learned that the New Jersey State Flower is the common meadow violet. Maybe that's why I have so many. I have purple ones too but I love the contrast of the white ones against their dark green leaves and the grass. They have such sweet pansy-like faces.

Images captured this afternoon in my front yard with my Nikon D40 + Nikon 18-200 lens.



Content in a Cottage

Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

1 comment:

About Cassandra said...

OH - Those wild white violets! Thank you for sharing, Rosemary! I haven't seen any yet here in Maryland, but found some purple beauties in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania this past weekend!
Cassandra ♥