Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Geraniums and Snowdrops (Galanthus species)



One of my pink geraniums started blooming this week and the snowdrops are coming up outside. Things are beginning to look a lot like spring. Almost all of my snow is melted and everything looks pretty good. I keep the sticks picked up on a regular basis. The driveway is the biggest problem with lots of gravel in the grass from being pushed there by the plow. Oh well, it could be worse. Is it safe to start cleanup? I remember that we had the coldest weather of the winter last March. I really don't think that will be the case this year, do you.

If you want to know more about snowdrops, go here. I've never had a bit of trouble growing them. They are trouble free here in the northeast.



Content in a Cottage

Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

4 comments:

SarahB said...

One of my favorite things is when the snowdrops pop up in Central Park. I used to walk to work across the park and they would pop up surprisingly early!

Theresa said...

I have a variety of bulbs coming up~ I wish I had planted more for this year. They are wonderful surprises to see and always the first to bloom in spring.
Such delights that spring gives us~
Theresa

Susan Freeman said...

Although we had a lovely weekend, it was cold and windy today. Tonight we expect another Pacific storm and lots of clouds and rain for tomorrow. Now that I live in Idaho, I am always thankful for any precipitation. Spring is on it's way!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Katarzyna UrbaƄska z Tokarskich said...

I want a spring ... I need a spring, too ... please ...