Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Drive-In Movies At Home

I still miss drive-in movies, don't you? Nothing else comes close. Wouldn't you love to have this at your house? I remember seeing this long ago and was happy to be reminded of it again today. Someone actually has this on the back side of their house. Too cool for words.

And while we are on the subject, I miss drive-in restaurants too complete with delivery persons on roller skates. I wish someone would open one near me. I think it would be a big hit.


VIA

Content in a Cottage

Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

6 comments:

~ said...

Rosemary, I love your ideas on this! When I moved to the area where I live now, there was a drive-in theater but it closed just last year due to poor participation. So sad! :( I think I would travel (if I ever get the time) to find a drive-in and a drive-in restaurant--just to experience it and say "I did it." :)

nevalia said...

nice blog

Melanie Kissell said...

YES! I really miss drive-in movies and restaurants. Near my home, all the drive-in theaters were converted into swap meets (flea markets) which I also love. But now ... all of the swap meets have closed due to poor attendance. Pretty sad.

What ever happened to good old fashioned wholesome FUN?! Is it simply out of style, Rosemary? :-(

Gal Friday said...

This makes me feel so nostalgic!
I *think* there might still be one running drive-in in the north of the state.
The last time I went to a drive-in movie was in 1990 in Skowhegan, Maine one summer! (we saw Diehard and The War Of The Roses)

maxwell said...

We have both a Drive in and a Drive in Restaurant in this Prairie town.

Drive in movie was horrible due to screaming kids. People sitting on trucks in front walking back and forth and 80degree hot nights with lots of bugs.

Drive in Restaurant I don't want to go because I don't like to eat in the car. So Sorry this nostalgic idea is lost on me. LOL

Susan Freeman said...

The house across the street was built in the late 1800's. It has a large shed in the side yard and the current occupants show old movies on the side of the shed. It's wonderful!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo