Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tavern On The Green Auction

At Auction January 12-14: The complete contents of New York City's Landmark Restaurant, The Tavern On The Green. The auction will be held on site. I can't think of anyone I know who hasn't been here. It is now shuttered and bankrupt. Read complete article in The New York Times. The thousands of items are valued between $100 and $1.2 million. Nostalgia for sale. View catalog.



Content in a Cottage

Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

3 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What a shame! The daughters seem to have mismanaged Tavern On The Green. Hopefully another restaurant will open on the premises in due time. It is a prime location.

Jeanine DeNitto said...

i heard about this on the news yesterday. i had never been there but i find it hard to sink in. but it is just another sign of these upside down times that we live in.

Cindy @ Chalk it Up! said...

It's so sad. My husband, who is now an executive chef, did his externship at Tavern on the Green. I remember, he took me there for my birthday that year. We went there before seeing the show "Tommy". We had the best table in the restaurant,had a chef's tasting and the chef came out and greeted us. People were looking at us like we were somebody important-haha
I will miss this beloved New York landmark.