Monday, January 4, 2010

January Is Great For Reading


This vintage poster certainly illustrates the weather at my house perfectly. I really love this time of year because the holidays are behind me and there is nothing coming up in the near future. It's the ideal nesting and reading month. I'm going to build a big fire and curl up with a pile of magazines and books today. There will probably be some hot chocolate later. I think I saw a few big marshmallows in the cupboard this morning. Sounds wonderful, doesn't it? Jealous? It's okay to follow my lead.

The vintage image is a WPA (Work Projects Administration) poster circa 1940. The commemorative print features a graphic design to promote reading and library use for children.



Content in a Cottage

Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Agree, wholeheartedly. Have a book to finish,a new book to start and a couple that should be here soon. Hope the eyes hold up!!!!
Marilyn

Gal Friday said...

You said it exactly right--I also love this time of year, with the hubbub of the holidays behind us, and days forced indoors(for the most part)--perfect time to stay in and putter about,
and read(yay!) and simply enjoy one's home and more relaxed pace.
Excellent design on that old WPA poster--you don't see sleds like those(in the poster art) around much any more, but libraries themselves are still around.

The Queen Vee said...

I love these short gray cold days. They give me an excuse to stay in my jammies for far too long each day, also to drink too many cups of hot cocoa and best of all, the opportunity to read endlessly if I so choose. I'm starting on a very long book, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, thank goodness for winter hibernation.