Monday, December 28, 2009

Moss Chair Tutorial

Step by step instructions for making a Moss Chair. This is so beautiful. Be on the lookout for a good sturdy chair somebody put out at the curb so you can make one of these for your garden in the spring. I have an old adirondack chair that has seen better days. I think I'll repair it and make one of these in about 5 months. Those of you that are already in the "gardening zone" can make one right away. Isn't this a wonderful thing?

Grass chair outside the Hotel de Ville in Paris. I would imagine the same instructions would work for a grass chair too. Just push some dirt in the chicken wire and sprinkle grass seed.

Let me know if you make one! You could use a bench too.



Content in a Cottage

Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Unfortunatly I don't have a photo of it, but I used to do this to a couple of really old "ice cream" chairs, a friend gave me. I also put some trailing sedum in and it would flow down over the edge and look like green lace. I no longer have the chairs....hubs didn't like the rust!!! but with all this wet, I have moss!!! Looking forward to spring and messing about outside again.
Marilyn

gina said...

This is a great idea! I'm going to try this in the Spring.