Monday, December 21, 2009

Give Your Cat A Special Christmas Treat

We always got Good Housekeeping Magazine when I was growing up. I've always loved the illustrations by Jessie Wilcox Smith depicting children doing domestic chores. This early cover reminded me that I should get out my finest antique pitcher and matching shallow plate and pour Tabitha a little warm milk on Christmas morning. She'd like that. I don't think she'd stand for that big red bow around her neck though. She doesn't know it yet, but Santa is bring her a brand new polar fleece blanket to line her wicker basket. She will be so happy. Webster is getting one too.



Content in a Cottage

Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

2 comments:

Kathy Walker said...

Yes, we must take care of all of our critters! I found your blog today and enjoyed my tour! Thank you!

Stacey said...

I always love those precious old illustrations too. They are so innocent.

Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.