Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Story of Stuff [Video] . . .

I hope you will find the time to watch this fascinating 20-minute animated film by Annie Leonard. The Story of Stuff exposes the connections between a huge number of environmental and social issues, and calls us together to create a more sustainable and just world. It'll teach you something, make you laugh, and it just may change the way you look at all the stuff in your life forever. You can also download the PDF version of The Story of Stuff with footnotes.

The New York Times had a feature article about the film and its creator recently that you will also find interesting.

I've had a link on my blog for The Story of Stuff for quite a long time and it makes me happy whenever someone clicks on it. I was especially distressed to learn how much stuff ends up in the land fills due to planned obsolescence. The kitchen industry is now trying to make us all dislike our stainless appliances in favor of colored ones. I will not fall for this. Mine are only 7 years old and they are just fine, thank you very much!

Thanks for stopping by the cottage today for an eye-opening film. I hope you will share it with your friends. ♥Rosemary



Content in a Cottage

1 comment:

Penny said...

Thanks Rosemary, This was so well presented. I will definitely share it with others. Love your blog.