Saturday, June 27, 2009

A picture story visit to Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's home in Virginia . . .

If you want to understand the United States and its people, says artist/author Maira Kalman, you need to visit Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's home in Virginia.

You know how much I love Maira Kalman's picture stories. I've blogged about her in the past and her stories always thrill and delight me. I love Thomas Jefferson too so I was very interested to see what she had to say about him when she visited Monticello.

She was especially interested in the way he managed his time. The title of the New York Times story is TIME WASTES TOO FAST.

Read and enjoy the complete story here. You will be so glad you did.

This is the last weekend in June...enjoy it to the fullest. Thanks for stopping by the cottage. ♥Rosemary



Content in a Cottage

2 comments:

Mary said...

this is a destination that is on my short list - must go !!

Tracy Watier said...

Ditto what Mary said.
And don't you just love Maira Kalman's quirky work? I hope these NYTimes blogs get published in book form someday.