Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Wild turkey in the yard . . .

This wild turkey has been hanging around for a few days eating all the songbird seeds that fall to the ground. Webster takes great delight in chasing him away...he can fly...though quite awarkwardly. I don't let Webster out if I know Mr. Turkey is around but sometimes I don't look first and then I feel bad.

Mr. Toad has disappeared so it's nice to have a new wild friend around. I can't believe how awful my yard looks. The grass is soooo long after a week of rain. I haven't mowed for two weeks. Time to fire up the machines. Enjoy your day. Thanks for stopping by the cottage. ♥Rosemary





Content in a Cottage
Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

6 comments:

Gal Friday said...

I think your yard looks lovely--not awful at all! It looks so green and lush. I know what you mean about the tall grass, though--it seems to grow inches every hour in this wet spring weather.
I liked how you described the turkey as flying "awkwardly". That is exactly how they fly. I didn't even know they DID fly until my Jewel came upon a flock of them once and they all went scattering up to the branches of a tree. I thought for sure one would be caught by Jewel and was so relieved that they could fly if they had to.

teaorwine said...

I had a wild turkey once roaming the back. He was wonderful to watch as he clumsily waddled around.

Willardsdaughter said...

If this picture shows how "awful" your yard looks, I beg to differ - I think it looks wonderful! The grass is so green! Not sure what the bush is on the adirondack chairs, but would love to sit there with a cup of cappuccino!

Tracy Watier said...

Your yard looks fantastic! Proof that we are our own worst critics. I have to make myself look at my gardens as a "visitor" so I can enjoy all the pretty. Looking as myself, all I see are the weeds and what's overdue for a pruning! But either which way I look, I'll never see a turkey in my yard!

Norbridge Antiques said...

I'm so glad to get a glimpse into your garden especially with a wild turkey as an added delight. Your garden is charming, and I love the rest of your blog. Have you thought of adding a "friends" module? If you do, I will add myself and also add your rss to my reader.
Best regards,
Norbridge Antiques

Melinda said...

I think your yard looks lovely! It seems so natural, longish like that! Beautiful.... I wish I could sit awhile in that chair and sip some tea with you! Now I see Linda has said the same thing!! All three of us then, you and I and Linda!