TEN GOOD REASONS TO BE AN ORDINARY PERSON
- You can throw away your junk: You are not saving it for posterity.
- When you fall asleep hugging a pillow, you don't think that you need to talk to your shrink about it.
- You derive great satisfaction from walking your own dog.
- You can miss a day at work and the world won't end.
- You have nothing to hide, and no place to hide it.
- You don't travel the world in search of what you have at home.
- You don't have to get all dressed up to go get a sandwich.
- No one notices whether or not your car is clean, the insides of your closets are neat, and your fence is freshly painted.
- You don't have to try to make something out of everything.
- You are enlightened, though you don't know what it means ... let alone care about it.
"Why be happy with more if you can be happy with less?"
Source: I copied a page from a great little book,
"The Art of Imperfection" Simple Ways to Make Peace with Yourself
I found it on the book swap rack at my Post Office.
The image is a detail scanned from one of my 18th century Charles Heathcote Tatham Architectural etchings, representing the best examples of ancient ornamental architecture: drawn from the originals in Rome, and other parts of Italy, during the years 1794, 1795 and 1796.