Wednesday, November 19, 2008

THANKSGIVING

SOLD
I can't believe Thanksgiving Day is one week from tomorrow. It is my favorite holiday; no presents...just food...what could be better than that? I am still mowing the grass! I saw pictures on the news of a big snowstorm in upstate New York that is probably headed my way. I am using my walk-behind mower because of a problem with the rider. It's always something, isn't it? I should finish today...after 3 straight days. It looks great; nice and short with no leaves! I have to get busy and start polishing some silver. I will use this Georgian silver food warming dome to cover the turkey on my early Staffordshire well and tree platter. The best part of this great North American holiday is the leftovers. Everything tastes better to the cook the second time around. I made the first graphic long ago. I still love it. The scan is from one of my antiquarian books. 

7 comments:

teaorwine said...

Gorgeous and rich colors in the platter!

Sabina said...

Hi Rosemary,

I took a peek at this lovely item you have listed on ebay a while ago.

What a gorgeous thing of beauty. I would snap it up in a minute -- but my pocketbook would never recover.

I also love the arm chair. What lovely patina!! You have such excellent taste!!

Gal Friday said...

It looks like you know how to do Thanksgiving dinner right!! Can I come? ;-)
How nice for you that you have your lawn in order and no leaves..wow!!
I am ashamed to say my tiny yard is still covered in dead, brown oak leaves. my hous is situated at the bottom of a hill(this is a bad thing Feng Shui-wise, I know), so all the neighbor's leaves blow onto ours, and accumulate there. We wait until the neighbors have picked up their leaves, therefore. However, they haven't done it yet.

I just hope it doesn't snow here yet(it certainly is cold enough), before we get a chance to clean up our lawn.

Stacey Snacks said...

May I borrow that meat dome for my turkey...please........?

Joanne said...

Such pretty pictures to celebrate the Thanksgiving season.

Millie said...

Your cottage looks so warm & cosy as you prepare for Thanksgiving. How wonderful to still be able to use such beautiful old serving pieces on your table in 2008. I wonder what the artisans who made them would have thought of that!
Millie ^_^

Unknown said...

Rosemary, I must say that your platter is the prettiest I have ever seen! It's saying a lot, since I'm almost seventy years old.