Friday, November 7, 2008

Antique Pennsylvania Watercolor with Dog and Birds . . .

DOWNINGTOWN, PA ~ November 4, 2008
Pook & Pook auction of the Americana Collection of Richard and Rosemarie Machmer.

"I love this thing," Ron Pook said as he sold lot 68, a vibrant Southeastern Pennsylvania watercolor fraktur bookplate dating from the early Nineteenth Century. It measures 2¾ by 4½ inches and depicts a dog chasing four birds. It had a presale estimate of $3/4,000, and apparently it was loved by others, as it sold for $25,740


"Take care of your antiques and they will take care of you."

3 comments:

Gal Friday said...

It's lovely! I don't have a budget for things in that price range, but enjoy it when I am able to frame artifacts at work for customers.(an old sampler from the 1840's this past week)

Stacey Snacks said...

I want this!

Unknown said...

I love peeking around at your old blogposts ---
this image is a treasure. Makes me want to get out my inks and watercolors right this minute!