Monday, September 22, 2008

My kitchen has gone to the dogs . . .

Webster could never look directly at the camera when there was food before him!

He is the greatest pot licker in the East. I fixed scrambled eggs with cheese this morning and he thoroughly enjoyed the job of cleaning the skillet.

He wanted me to post the recipe for his favorite all-natural snacks.

WEBSTER'S HOMEMADE DOG TREATS
2-1/4 cups cornmeal
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup dry powdered milk
3 Tablespoons molasses
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 eggs
--------
Mix everything together and knead into a ball.

Place on a floured surface and roll to desired thickness.
Cut dough with cookie cutters (bone-shapes are available).
Sometimes I just roll into a log and slice.
You can prick your dog's initial with a fork. A "W" is easy.
Bake on greased cookie sheets for 20 minutes at 375.
Enjoy all the licks and kisses you will receive from your pet.

Don't have a pet? Boo Hoo!
Make some for your canine friends. All dogs love presents!

2 comments:

cconz said...

thanks for the directions for biscuts. I'm going to give it a try. my dogs also clean my cast iron skillets.really saves on cleaning time.I enjoyed your blog

Gal Friday said...

How funny--my Jewel gets leftover scrambled eggs every Sunday!! (and yes, we let her lick the pan or plate clean)
Thanks for the recipe! I will try it soon(good idea for Christmas presents for certain canine friends, other than my own, too)
I have made biscuits for my dog(and her brother) before--kind of fiddled around with a combination similar to yours, but never thought to add molasses or dry milk.