Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Chicken & Rice with Carrots


I made chicken & rice with peas yesterday and added sliced organic carrots for tonight's dinner. I love having leftovers that I can improve with added ingredients the second time around. The stoneware dish with handle has a "chimney" top and I have three of them. They are the best for microwave cooking or heating leftovers. I cooked the carrots alone for a minute or two before adding the chicken/rice to reheat on top. So good. The brown and white transferware plate is one of my favorites. I don't often photograph my food but I'm glad I decided to snap this one. xo


UPDATE: If you ever see one of these in a charity or thrift shop, RUN and grab it. As I mentioned, I have three of these and use them every day in my microwave. They were originally "As Seen on TV" as the Stone Wave Microwave Cooker at $10.00 each. Now I see them on eBay for $39.00. The handle is hollow and they are honestly just wonderful for heating up leftovers or cooking some things (like carrots) quickly. I found the original link selling them for $7.94 each HERE. I'm tempted to order more but will resist. Three is the perfect number for me. They clean like a breeze too. Let me know if you get one or more. I have never had good luck backing a potato in one. They are perfect for my chicken & rice dish. xo

11 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

NEW POST is ready for viewing.
xo, Rosemary

Lisa D. said...

By any chance, Rosemary, do you have an air fryer? A couple of my friends do, and they love them.

Gail, northern California said...

Very healthy meal, Rosemary. I do a lot of stir-fries with rice and vegetables....a favorite chopped ham and green onion sauteed in olive oil, add frozen peas then cooked rice to re-heat.

Content in a Cottage said...

Lisa D. -- Lisa, I don't have the counter space for one more appliance so I don't have an air fryer. I have one friend who has one and she loves it. I have noticed they have started turning up in charity shops. I'm fine with my convection toaster oven and my microwave.
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Gail, northern California -- Gail, Aren't frozen peas the best? I forgot to mention I used organic brown rice. I always have a bag or two in my cabinet. Your dish with the chopped ham and green onions sounds delicious. I might have to copy it with the Canadian bacon I have on hand at the moment. Thanks for your recipe.
xo, Rosemary

Tasha T said...

Your meal looks delicious, Rosemary. I hope it was as tasty as it looked.

Content in a Cottage said...

Tasha T -- It was delicious. Easy preparation too.
xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

That sounds delicious, Rosemary! I like all of those ingredients. In fact, I've started cooking carrots in the microwave fairly often. I think they taste great and cook quickly. Your stoneware container with the chimney is something I've never seen. Very interesting!

Puller said...

I LOVE that transferware plate!!! The meal looks wonderful, but the plate makes the photo!

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- I added a photo and a link to this post for buying the stoneware microwave dish with the chimney lid. Take a look!
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Puller -- That transferware plate is one of my favorite things! I'm glad you like it too.
xo, Rosemary