Monday, June 1, 2020

Flower Petals Unfurling

This is an iPhone I photo I took on Sunday morning. The petals of one of my African daisies was starting to unfurl and looked like a pinwheel. I am enjoying these flowers so much in my containers. They do require constant deadheading to keep the new blooms coming and so far I am keeping up. I think they are waiting for some really hot weather and they'll get their wish on Wednesday when it's going to be in the high 80s and I will be wilting. I posted this photo on Instagram so it's not new to some of you. Happy first day of June. xo

4 comments:

Pam said...

What a great photo! So unusual. We have warmer weather on the way, also, and I'm not looking forward to it. The past two days were in the 70s and it was perfect! Oh well, the heat and humidity will help things grow. Try to stay cool, Rosemary!

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- We need some hot weather so the soil can warm up enough for the seeds to sprout and grow. So I shall suffer in silence when we get a few hot days this week.
xom Rosemary

SusanfromKentucky said...

Ah, a Gazania! I have them planted along my walkway out front. They were one of my husband's favorites!

Content in a Cottage said...

Susan from Kentucky :: I am glad to hear someone else likes them too. This is my first year planting them, but not my last!
xo, Rosemary