Thursday, March 1, 2018

Moonrise Last Night

At dusk yesterday, there was a large "day moon" high in the sky in my woods. All is calm this morning here at the cottage but there is a Nor'easter coming late today into tomorrow. Today is the first day of March so here come the winds. I have to admit, high winds are about the only things that frighten me after superstorm Sandy five years ago. It is supposed to be more of a coastal storm so maybe my area will be okay. Fingers crossed. Will report more later. xo

3 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Last night right before bedtime, hubby and I stepped out onto our deck to look at the moon. It was gorgeous and if we had had the deck furniture out already, I think we would have bundled up and sat out there a while just to watch it.

Hope the storm and winds miss you.

Content in a Cottage said...

Mama Pea -- I'm glad you and your hubby saw that beautiful moon too. I'm ready for whatever the storm brings. I went grocery shopping and put a glass dome on my most beautiful clump of snowdrops. It is supposed to be more of a coastal thing, but with weather, you never know.
xo, Rosemary

Mary Anne Komar said...

Please stay nice and cozy! The moon is beautiful tonight in Washington State!xx