Thursday, October 6, 2016

Small 18thC. Mansion in England

The Latin House in Risley, Derbyshire England. Built for Elizabeth Grey in 1706 to house the Latin Master and his pupils, this is one of the most beautiful of smaller Queen Anne houses. Don't you just love it? If I were building a small brick house, this would be the one I'd want. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE everything about it including the wonderful history. Found on Instagram


Catherine said...

Do you also like the dark patina on this house?

Content in a Cottage said...

Catherine -- Not really. It looks like coal dust is embedded in the stonework. It needs to be cleaned but in such a way that it doesn't look brand new. I am sure it could be done.
xo, Rosemary

Catherine said...

I agree. I wouldn't want it to look brand new but it is way too grungy for me like it is.
It sure is a perfect shape for a 1: 12 scale dollhouse. It's a great design. :-) XXX