Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Good Morning from My Cottage

My pink peonies have too many petals to stand up to a hard rain like we had late Sunday. I pruned back all the ones that couldn't be saved yesterday. The singles in white held up pretty well. The singles in red did not.

My outside chore this week is hand-pulling weeds from my driveway. Not fun. I like doing it really late in the day since I'm not fond of direct sun. It is very pleasant outside today and I haven't had my central air on for quite a while. Now I'm off to see what kind of breakfast I can whip up. xo

1 comment:

Karen in VA (was CT) said...

... I had too many heartbreaking years of peonies destroyed by rain ... It's a short season and wiped out in a few minutes.

One year I finally built a tent, as they were in all in one area. It was great, and saved my poor heart.

Good luck

Karen in VA