Tuesday, May 17, 2016

New Toolbox for My Gardening Tools

I pulled this cool aluminum box from a friend's dumpster. The men cleaning out her barns figured nobody would want it. Wrong! I made them put it in the back of my SUV.  It had some rust on the side handles and the steel piano hinge. No problem since I am the queen of cleaning and polishing.

I had this wooden base on casters in my attic. It was from my previous house and a previous life. Perfect fit too.

Here's an interior shot of the beginning stages of garden tool storage. Now I have all the things I need for my front garden right inside the front door. So handy. So happy.

7 comments:

Susan Freeman said...

Great storage space!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Linda Sand said...

How wonderful to be able to gather your gardening things near where they are used without making a mess doing it! Even more wonderful doing it by reusing what was otherwise gong to be trash. Glad you were in the right place at the right time to retrieve the box.

Penelope Bianchi said...

It is quite sad the treasures that are thrown away! How lovely that you saw and rescued this treasure! How wonderful it is such a lovely addition; and it will be used and enjoyed as the special thing it is!
Very green!
How lucky you were there and spied this lovely thing!!


Sue said...

You know what they say:
One man's trash..........
Lucky you. What a great find!

tammy j said...

beautiful!
it shines like a new nickel!!!

Nan said...

Love this! And love the idea of having everything all together.

debbie said...

"One man's trash is another man's treasure." Love the box, great find!