Friday, April 8, 2016

Wonderful pied-à-terre in Paris

It's for sale too in a beautiful Haussmannian building! Details here. I love the layout, the floors, and especially the views.

I am fine, really! I have been busy polishing silver and brass, cleaning windows and floors, and trying to catch up on inside chores I have been house-blind to because I no longer have any excuses! It's rather overwhelming but I will soldier on and do a little at a time until it's time to start all over again. I have also been busy trying to tie up loose ends with a difficult real estate transaction. 

My neighbors across the street captured photo of a bear at their bird feeder several nights ago with a critter cam. Now they aren't feeding the birds and they are keeping their garbage cans locked in the garage. I have noticed more wild life on my property too now that I have no animals. Flocks of wild turkeys and more deer than I've seen in a long time. Not thrilled about the deer and their ticks though. The turkeys are fun when they fan their tail feathers. 

Thanks for checking in and worrying about me. xo


Gail, northern California said...

Deer and wild turkeys are fine with me too...from afar. I don't much care for deer eating everything in sight nor turkey poop on the driveway. ;-)

Re: Spring cleaning...I wish I knew your secret for staying motivated. Living alone now, unless I have company coming, I really have to push myself.

Glad to hear you're doing OK, Rosemary. Fingers crossed for the real estate transaction.

Linda Carswell said...

Sadly I cannot access the link to the apartment.....would adore to have a closer look!

Content in a Cottage said...

Gail -- It's hard to stay motivated to do housework. But the rewards are pretty nice. It's pretty overwhelming when you are as far behind as I am but if I don't do it, it doesn't get done. I think it goes hand in hand with home ownership. I am trying to put the "pride" back in. I have been helping a friend move from a larger home and she has too much stuff. So I am clearing out my clutter as I go. Donating can be fun!
I haven't decided what awful task I am going to tackle on this overcast and cold Saturday but I shall find something.
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Linda Carswell -- I fixed the link so you can see the entire Paris apartment.
Let me know if you buy it :-)
xo, Rosemary

Linda Carswell said...

Thank you so very much for fixing the link.....I so enjoyed my visit! We stayed in this area late last year for six weeks, so I know the area well.....yes, I would buy it in a heart beat if I could!!! Thanks again!!

kansasgirl1 said...

Wow, that apartment is lovely! Dreaming . . . . . .

The Queen Vee said...

Do be careful Rosemary when you work outside this year, Lyme disease is terrible, terrible stuff.

I get a lot of satisfaction out of oing housework except for cleaning bathrooms. I'm really excited that I will have two less bathrooms when I move and less house will be easy peasy keeping the new cottage clean compared to what I have now.

I find that keeping busy and having a To DO list helps so much when one is trying to push through a challenging situation....I think you are amazing Rosemary

The Queen Vee said...

Okay, you probably noticed a million errors in my recent comments....writing errors are my signature. My kids think it is hilarious, I find it embarrassing. There is a real disconnect between my hands, my brain and my's been that way forever. Only after I distance myself from what I have written am I able to go back and find every mistake. I could never be a blog writer or any kind of writer...geez.

I toured this lovely little one bedroom apartment again, haha, and again. Oh if I were younger and had 700,000 euros...I'd own it. Alas, it's not to be.

Millie said...

Just thinking about you today Rosemary. I love that you are in a cleaning frenzy, a container load of all my stuff that needs the Rosemary treatment is on it's way over the Pacific to you right now!
Love Millie xx