Sunday, April 17, 2016

DIY Versailles Case (Planter Box)

I photographed the first four images from one of my gardening books on container gardening.
Have you ever lusted over a Versailles box? I certainly have. This is a poor man's DIY version that I like a lot.

These photos are full size versions. Click to enlarge so you can read the text easily.

Directions are very simple and easy to understand. Measuring and cutting the wood is the only hard part.

Make one yourself or hire someone to make several. The assembly is simple once you cut all the pieces. Might as well make a large grouping, right?

Want a real one? Get out your checkbook and buy one on this website. Have a great Sunday. xo



2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Lovely and looks totally doable. One caution though. Back when we had terrible soil in which to plant in the ground, we planted fruit trees in large boxes much like these using the best soil we could mix. They never grew worth a diddle and (slow learners that we are) we finally figured out that they dried out regularly and quickly and we weren't giving them the water they needed. I would assume the same would apply to any plantings in boxes.

Daniela said...

Thank you for your so precious advice, my friend !

Hope you're having a lovely Sunday,
I'm wishing you all my best for your week to come

Daniela