Friday, February 5, 2016

Ground Hog Error: Morning Snow

I could hardly believe my eyes when I woke up this morning to a really beautiful overnight snowfall. It's the heavy wet type variety too, unlike the powdery one we had earlier this week. Yesterday late, I completed the task of shoveling the snow with embedded gravel back into my driveway so I wouldn't have to rake it out of the grass in the spring. I hope it will melt quickly when the sun comes out after lunch. This is Old Man Winter's way of snubbing the Ground Hog who predicted an early spring. He's saying, "Not on my watch!"

2 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Yesterday they predicted a dusting for us, then late in the day they upped the totals to 3-5 or 4-8 depending on which Boston station I listened to. We now have over 10" of heavy wet stuff and it is still coming down heavy. That's a dangerous mistake on their part!

Millie said...

What lovely images Rosemary. It's the end of Summer here, so it's still shorts & flip flops for moi xx