Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Geting Your Garden Ready for Winter

I thought this article in The Guardian had some very good pointers. Our days for working outside are numbered, aren't they?

I liked this article too on resisting the urge to tidy your garden. Leaving some seed head for the wildlife is a good thing. I adore this photograph of poppies that have gone to seed. Less is more when it comes to cleaning the garden this late in the year. 


donna baker said...

That's my excuse anyway. It also provides needed shelter from the storms.

jusaweecatnap said...

Helpful advice, thanks. This was a good year for my pyracantha - it is laden with brilliant orange berries. It will be interesting to see when the birds make a feast of them. Hopefully they'll let me enjoy them for a while. Could you find an article that is the indoor equivalent to not tidying?

Content in a Cottage said...

donna baker -- yes. The birds and small wildlife need a place to hide from the hawks.

justaweecatnap -- I wish I could find the article I once read that said dust is a natural preservative.
You know the old saying -- "Housework is something nobody notices until you don't do it."

xo, Rosemary