Sunday, May 10, 2015

Doc Martin, Season 7, Filming Now

We've all been waiting but will have to wait a little longer. The UK viewers might get to see Season 7 by the end of this year but American lovers of Doc Martin will have to wait well into 2016. I'm just happy to know they are actually filming right now in Cornwall and will finish in July. Read one article here and another one here. I have watched every episode and can't wait to see how they wrap up the final season. I love all the quirky characters in the quaint little village on the Cornish coast and there's something going on with each of them. For those of you who are new to this series, you have planty of time to catch up. Are you happy now? In the meantime, I'm enjoying Caroline Catz (Louisa) on DCI Banks.

9 comments:

Karen in VA (was CT) said...

Yahoo .... I'm so glad this is confirmed. I still watch the reruns occasionally ... But that's getting old.

Each character is truly a gem, you are so right.

Can you believe all the actors are still there. The policeman has changed, and Aunt Joan is gone but that's all I think.

Their child is going to be what ... About three?

Thanks for the update.

Karen in VA

Mama Pea said...

Thank you so much, Rosemary, for passing this information on. I absolutely adore this series. For all the trials and tribulations each character goes through, watching each installment gives me such a warm, cozy, contented feeling. Yay for Doc Martin!

P.S. I still miss Aunt Joan . . . but do like her sister.

karen said...

Oh screaming in Arizona!!!! Happy Day.

Thanks for that info. Scared my husband when reading the post,too enthusiastic, I guess.

Stacey said...

Season 7 will be the last? We just love that show. We watch the reruns all the time. Such quirky and sweet stories.

Catherine said...

I am very glad to hear it too!

I have been wondering why you haven't said anything about Wolf Hall. I suspect it is because you didn't like it. I forced myself to watch all of the first episode. Thinking the next would be better. Sadly the second one finished me. I did admire the gorgeous medieval settings.

Rhonda said...

Hello Rosemary,
I've never watched Doc Martin, but we have a mechanic in our town from England and he say it is the best British TV program for depicting what it is like across the pond. He says the characters are very authentic to the people of the area. I'll have to give it a go sometime. Have a great day!

The Queen Vee said...

Something to look forward to in 2016 in the meantime we can drool over the remake of Poldark which will start showing mid June on PBS. Just in time as Wolf Hall comes to an end. I love me some UK telly.

Unknown said...

Rosemary---I love Doc Martin. Martin Clunes is wonderful. Am happy to read this news. Nadja

Kay G. said...

I love this show too.
When we watch it, we sometimes have to pause it just to look at the scenery. Sigh...